This is NOT a race game, but played with an ordinary pack of playing cards, from which the tens have been removed. But a gameboard, with a giant, is also present.
- The Court Cards represents men or women.
- Each Ace represents a woman.
- Each hand deposits the following numbers of counters into the bank:
-- 16 hands => 2 counters
-- 14 hands => 3 counters,
-- 12 hands => 3 counters,
-- 10 hands => 3 counters,
-- 8 hands => 4 counters,
-- 6 hands => 6 counters and
-- 4 hands => 8 counters.
- Previous to the deal, partners are chosen.
- Each lady shall have a Court Card representing a man, and each
gentleman shall have a Court Card or an Ace representing a woman.
- Players without Court Cards can buy them from their neighbours.
- If a player has such a card to spare, he delivers it to the buyer.
The buyer presents three cards, from which the seller draws one and
receives one counter for each point from the buyer (Court Cards =
- If no player has a Court Card, or Ace, to sell, the player must ask
the dealer. The dealer turns up a card until the buyer gets a Court
Card or an Ace. For every card turned up, the buyer pays the dealer
one counter. But if the buyer is the dealer, he pays no fine.
- The dealer deposits the bank at the giants head on the gameboard.
- All players show their cards, and the half of the players with the
lowest cards (prisoners) surrender their Court Cards or Aces.
- The players with the highest cards (active combattants)keep the
Court Cards before them and throw away the rest.
- The active combattants deposit 8 counters a head as a war-chest, to
defray the expenses when fighting the giant.
- The spinning of the tetotum (numbered 1-6)three times each, is the
weapon to kill the giant.
'Lucky casts and prizes'
- No. 4: The giant's legs - 6 counters.
- No. 6: The shield - 4 counters.
- No. 8: The arms - 10 counters.
- No. 13: The sword - 6 counters.
- No. 16: The helmet - 8 counters.
- No. 17: The sortie of the prisoners from the citadel and the end
of the game. If a prisoner throw 17, he gets the whole war-chest.
- No. 18: The giant is killed and the player gets the whole war-
'Unlucky casts and forfeits'
- No. 3: The mantle - Active pay 4 & prisoner pay 2
- No. 5: Active pay 8 & prisoner pay 4
- No. 7: Active pay 8 & prisoner pay 4
- No. 9: Active pay 8 & prisoner pay 4
- No. 10: The plumage - Active pay 6 & prisoner pay 3
- No. 11: Active pay 8 & prisoner pay 4
- No. 12: The sheath - Active pay 4 & prisoner pay 2
- No. 14: The scarf - Active pay 4 & prisoner pay 2
- No. 15: Active pay 8 & prisoner pay 4