Las Ligas de la Ñ Bécquer vs. Irving is a collection of various card games with a theme inspired by the Romantic writers Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer (1836-1870) and Washington Irving (1783-1859). Bécquer vs. Irving is also the third game of the saga Las Ligas de la Ñ (The Leagues of the Ñ).
This collection of games includes:
- Role-Playing Game. The game´s director rules; the players abide. Learn to be a role master and put the players to the test, making them face stories and rules of your own creation. Once the game is finished the game´s director will choose the best player or team.
- Four Houses. You will be a member of one of the four houses (Chalice, Raven, Lion and Fire). You can be loyal, a mercenary or a traitor. Speak, negotiate and save your cards to accomplish your goals and make more points than your rivals. You can either be a part of a team or follow your own path.
- Survival. Make sure you know the game´s characters to survive and make it as far as possible in the game. Sometimes you will need to solve mysteries, or just choose between different paths; from time to time you will get rewards. Prepare to face Bécquer-Irving ´s wrath if you make the wrong choices.
- Questions. Face different questions about the Bécquer-Irving universe.
- Storytellers. Create your own stories emulating Bécquer, Irving and other Ñ writers.
- Contest13. Earn category points using the Ñ value to get at least 13 points in one category. Try to remember the cards included in the decks of all players. If you believe you have achieved the necessary 13 points in one category (Wisdom, Seduction, Politics, Dark force…), check them. If you do not have 13, you will lose all your cards and will need to start the game from scratch. It is a memory and mathematics game. In this game you will learn to use the categories of every card and the Ñ value.
- Ultimate Trophy. Are you the chosen one? To win the Bécquer vs Irving Ultimate Trophy you will need to add up more points than your opponents once the six games are finished. Also, you will be put through a final test: a ten question quiz, they will be selected randomly and you will need to get at least five right.
- Bécquer vs Irving accepts, to facilitate the game´s playability, any card from any of the two last games (Las Ligas de la Ñ and Las Ligas de la Ñ Galaxia MusiChess.
—description from the designer