Iron Bottom Sound 2 is a tactical simulation of night naval surface combat in WW2.
Iron Bottom Sound 2 captures the flavor of bloody night surface battles fought off Guadalcanal.
A past property has been succeeded because it focuses it on the combat at nighttime though the system was greatly changed from the Ironbottom Sound.
The only fault of this game should be very large the size of the map board, and widely take up the place where it plays.
Moreover, it is necessary to confirm it before it plays because the correction is necessary for the table relation though somewhat.
- Game system
- Basic System is Fleet Admiral.
- But Gunnery system is Royal Navy.
- Dice is BOTH 6 and 10 sided dice are required.
- Torpedo combat is the basis of firing at the mega-hexs of the map.
- Turn Scale:3 minutes,Hex Scale:600 yards
- Ship Data
- All the ship data was reviewed.
- Especially, the armor of all ships has thinned as for the Sea of Japan army.
- The appearance country is United States,Japan,British,German,Commonwealth,Italian.
- 10 Scenario
- Battle of Cape Esperance
- Battle of Kula Gulf
- The Battle of Tassafaronga
- Second Battle of Guadalcanal
- The Battle of Kolambangara
- Duisburg Convoy
- First Battle of Guadalcanal
- Channel Action
- The Battle of Empress Augusta Bay
- The Battle of Savo Island
- 2 22"x34"map
- 2 island map
- 210 die-cut counter
- 18 pages of Roser Sheets
- 5 Player aid Cards
- 1 Rule Booklet